Thursday, February 2, 2012

Venue Shopping

Can I first say "WOW" - there are so many things to consider when selecting a venue. It's not just about the view, the ambiance or the decor. You've got to think about things like parking, proximity, accessibility and personalities.

YES - personalities! I've decided if I can't stand or get along with the person at the venue, we CAN NOT get married there. I've already cancelled two appointments to view places just because the people were pushy. Come on folks, we're paying you big bucks, you should be nice!

We've visited one venue and are visiting another this coming weekend. Not to mention that I also have about 10 other quotes laying around as well.

Any tips, tricks or recommendations when considering a venue would be appreciated, leave them here on the blog!

One thing I do know, the first place we visited was a little overwhelming for us. Lots to see, do, understand, take in...ya, the list goes on. But, one thing that I did like is that included in the package option that we discussed were 4 door greeters, 1 captain (in charge of the coordinators and food service workers)and 3 coordinators - this means no hiring of outside coordinators or asking a friend to handle day of activities. That is pretty awesome!

I can't believe it, next Monday (Feb 6) will be one month already. Only 14 more to go (or so we think, a final date has not been set in stone).

No comments:

Post a Comment