Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What's Another Medication?

As we get ready to embark upon our second transfer this time called a frozen embryo transfer or FET I've learned that I now require another medication called synthroid.  I have subclinical hypothyroidism.  Will I have to be on this medication for ever? We don't know all we can do is hope that this helps with the process.

If you're trying to get pregnant and you haven't had your thyroid checked please consider this my public service announcement.  We learned that even though up to 4.0 is in the normal range if you're above a 2.6 on your TSH it's likely that a medication like synthroid will assist with the process.  We're not the experts but there is research that lends itself to this statement.

Crossing our fingers that this will help and make us have a successful process.

No comments:

Post a Comment