Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How We Met

I realized as I was sitting here waiting for Ross to get home from tennis tonight that some of you may not know how we met.

For a while my sister and brother in law wanted to introduce us, but I continued to put them off, I was dating someone else. Eventually we were both single and happened to be at the same event (for the first time ever, which is quite funny considering we'd both hung out at my sister and brother in laws house, but never at the same time). We were at a show that a my brother's band was doing at The Grove in Upland. It was Saturday January 12 or 19, 2008 (can't remember the exact date).

As I wandering around I stumbled upon my sister and brother in law. They were talking to Ross, but I had no idea who he was at that time. They immediately introduced us and then ran off. We were both left standing there going "uh"...lol. It was an awkward moment. I think I eventually said something about having to get back to my friends. Needless to say we both left that night without exchanging phone numbers.

A week or so passed and I finally called my sister and told her what a butt I felt like. She said not to worry and they would make sure Ross knew I was interested and would give him my number. A couple of days passed and my sister called me back and said that he'd call me when he got back from Mardi Gras.

Sure enough he did call. We had our first date on Saturday February 16, 2008 at Lucky Strike in Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment