Saturday, August 9, 2014

I'm Just Trying to Help

We know that most people mean well, but if you've never been in our shoes, we can't expect you to always know what is okay to say and what is not.

Some days are easy, some days are hard and some days you don't want to do anything but yell and be angry.  We've learned, this is all normal and okay.  We've also learned that some days we want to talk about it and are okay sharing our process, and other days, we don't even want someone to mention the word baby.  It's a tricky situation, but trust me, we'll never bite your head off over it, we totally understand.

We recently saw this article online and while I didn't think some of the comments bothered us, I realized, afterwards, that yes, yes I do agree with this.  Redbook magazine published the article "Four Things to Never Say to a Friend Who's Been Trying


Support the Walk of Hope, visit our donation page: CLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. People don't know what to say. I think what helps me is just trying to ignore their words and see that they're trying to help. It's tough and takes practice. But I'm getting better. I think it's very important to educate the public and raise awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined Babycenter.com. there's a community of women going through what we are. It's been really helpful!

    ReplyDelete